Building Management System is a computer-based control system installed in buildings that controls and monitors the building’s mechanical and electrical equipment such as ventilation, lighting, power systems, fire systems, and security systems. A BMS consists of software and hardware; the software program, usually configured in a hierarchical manner, can be proprietary, using such protocols as C-bus, Profibus, and so on. Vendors are also producing BMSs that integrate using Internet protocols and open standards such as DeviceNet, SOAP, XML, BACnet, LonWorks and Modbus.
Building Management Systems are most commonly implemented in large projects with extensive mechanical, HVAC, electrical, and plumbing systems. Systems linked to a BMS typically represent 40% of a building’s energy usage. If lighting is included, this number approaches 70%. BMS systems are a critical component to managing energy demand. Improperly configured BMS systems are believed to account for 20% of building energy usage.
In addition to controlling the building’s internal environment, BMS systems are sometimes linked to access control (turnstiles and access doors controlling who is allowed access and egress to the building) or other security systems such as closed-circuit television (CCTV) and motion detectors. Fire alarm systems and elevators are also sometimes linked to a BMS, for monitoring. In case a fire is detected then only the fire alarm panel could shut off dampers in the ventilation system to stop smoke spreading and send all the elevators to the ground floor and park them to prevent people from using them.
ATMOS – powered by LTAB™ (L&T’s Architecture for Building Automation) is a state of the art building management system that reliably controls installations of all categories and complexities. It is a microprocessor based control system which measures, co-ordinates, evaluates and monitors thousands of digital and analog input / output signals in the building.
ATMOS D-Series Controllers
- Master-Controller (with integrated colour graphical LCD display) Cat. No. BSRC720DM
- Master-Controller (without display) ATMOS BSRC700DM
- Smart Network Controller Cat No: BSRC 500 DM
ATMOS D-Series I/O Modules
- Universal Input Module Cat. No. BSRC110DS
- Digital Input Module Cat. No. BSRC120DS
- Analog Output Module (without manual override) Cat. No. BSRC210DS
- Analog Output Module (with manual override ability) Cat. No. BSRC211DS
- Digital Output Module (without manual override) Cat. No. BSRC220DS
- Digital Output Module (with manual override ability) Cat. No. BSRC221DS
- Tri-state Output Module (without manual override) Cat. No. BSRC230DS
- Tri-state Output Module (with manual override ability) Cat. No. BSRC231DS
- Power-Bridge-Module BSRC302DP
ATMOS D series Accessories
- T-Bus-Connector Cat. No. BSRC000DT
- T-Bus-connection terminals Cat. No. BSRC000DKSD-Memory Card Cat. No. BSRC000DC
- Operator panel for RCO 16C-M and RCO 7… Cat. No. BSRC640D-S
- Messenger with analog modem Cat. No. BSSTM042M04
- Messenger with GSM modem Cat. No. BSSTM042G04
- Antenna for messenger with GSM modem Cat. No. BSSTM042A
- RS232 Cable Cat. No. BSRC50C-P
- Cat. No. BSRC50C-M
For more details download brochure